Acne and its subsequent scarring can have lasting physical and emotional effects. Acne scars can affect your self confidence, which in turn can affect your social life and even your career.

Twenty years ago there weren’t any effective treatments for reducing or eliminating acne scars. That all changed with the introduction of laser acne scar treatment devices.

It’s the inflammation caused by active acne that causes collagen in the skin to grow and deform. The result is scarring. Though there are different lasers for different skin types, color and types of scarring, they all work on the same principle. The laser works just below the skin to remap the collagen and stimulate newgrowth, which makes skin smoother and improves its appearance.

A critical part of laser acne treatment is making the right choice when it comes to choosing the laser. At Reflections we have the complete array of laser devices for acne scar treatment.

The gold standard for acne scarring is Fraxel Re:Store Dual, a fractional laser that treats about 25 percent of skin cells in each treatment session, leaving the remaining 75 percent to act as a healing agent. Over a series of three or four treatments, acne scarred skin is greatly improved.

We often use the Vbeam Perfecta pulse dye laser for the redness that can accompany some acne scars. Vbeam clears the redness, making the scars less noticeable.

We can also use dermal fillers, chemical agents and manual subscription to raise sunken icepick scars and depressed flat areas.

Your physician will choose the most appropriate approach for your particular issue. We often combine our laser treatments with topical and oral medications if your acne is still active.

The important thing is that there are several safe and effective laser acne scar treatment solutions just waiting for you at Reflections!

Medical Director at

Dr. Mitchell Chasin founded Reflections Center for skin & body as a place where physicians specializing in cosmetic medicine could focus on helping empower patients to feel their most beautiful. Dr. Chasin believes strongly that the best cosmetic physicians are those who are dedicated to mastering their craft through continuing education and collaboration with the industry’s top doctors.

  • Share: