- 1 What is Eskata? How Does it Work?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.1 What happens during the treatment?
- 2.2 Will Eskata hurt? Will I need numbing or anesthesia?
- 2.3 Will there be downtime after Eskata? Will I need to take time off from work for this?
- 2.4 What is the recovery like? What should I expect immediately following my treatment?
- 2.5 Will I need more than 1 treatment session?
- 2.6 Is Eskata a way to remove seborrheic keratosis at home?
- 2.7 Is hydrogen peroxide safe for skin? How safe is Eskata?
- 2.8 How can I make the most of my Eskata treatments?
- 2.9 Are there any risks of complication or side effects with Eskata?
- 2.10 What alternative treatment options do I have?
- 3 Why Choose Reflections Center for Your Eskata Treatment
Eskata is a topical treatment that removes seborrheic keratosis (dark or black raised age spots) – without surgery or needles.
Eskata is the first treatment of its kind to use concentrated hydrogen peroxide in a unique application to completely remove large, dark age spots. Reflections is proud to be among the first in the nation to offer this easy treatment, saving patients from the discomfort and downtime of previous treatment options, which included surgical removal and aggressive lasering.
“I love this place! The best staff. I am so thankful I found this place and would suggest it to anyone. I felt so comfortable there. They did everything to meet my needs from the moment I entered to the moment I left. It really is rare to find a place where everyone from the doctors, nurses, assistants, and even front desk are amazing!”
–Lissie9791 on RealSelf.com
What is Eskata? How Does it Work?
Eskata is a brand-new treatment for removing seborrheic keratosis, using a special pen applicator to apply highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide to the skin. The special formulation is carefully applied to just the area of dark discoloration 4 times, about a minute apart, during each treatment session. This topical hydrogen peroxide treatment for seborrheic keratosis was approved by the FDA for safety and efficacy in December 20171, and has become available in select offices starting in Spring 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens during the treatment?
Will Eskata hurt? Will I need numbing or anesthesia?
Will there be downtime after Eskata? Will I need to take time off from work for this?
What is the recovery like? What should I expect immediately following my treatment?
Will I need more than 1 treatment session?
Is Eskata a way to remove seborrheic keratosis at home?
Is hydrogen peroxide safe for skin? How safe is Eskata?
How can I make the most of my Eskata treatments?
Are there any risks of complication or side effects with Eskata?
What alternative treatment options do I have?
Why Choose Reflections Center for Your Eskata Treatment
Reflections Center is New Jersey’s premier center for cosmetic medicine. We bring together a team of cosmetic physicians who are some of the most highly specialized in their respective fields, so that our patients have access to the very best in cosmetic care, no matter their concern. We are one of the first practices to offer Eskata in North America and are very experienced in removing SK’s by other methods.
We warmly welcome you to our offices for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation with one of our cosmetic physicians. Contact us today to schedule.