- 1 Vaser Liposuction
- 2 BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
- 3 How Does Vaser Liposuction Work?
- 4 Liposuction Under Local Anesthesia
- 5 Recovery and Downtime
- 6 Am I a good candidate for Vaser Lipo?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7.1 Will Vaser Lipo hurt? What kind of numbing or anesthesia is used?
- 7.2 What is an advantage of Vaser Lipo over Smartlipo, SAFE Lipo, SlimLipo, or other Laser Lipo options?
- 7.3 When can I go back to work? Working out? Picking up my toddler/infant?
- 7.4 Is Vaser Lipo safe?
- 7.5 How many treatments will I need with Vaser?
- 7.6 How does Vaser Lipo work?
- 7.7 Does Vaser Lipo hurt?
- 7.8 How much is Vaser Liposuction?
- 7.9 How many Vaser Liposuction treatments are needed?
- 7.10 How effective is Vaser Lipo?
- 7.11 What are the side effects of Vaser Liposuction?
- 7.12 How long does it take to see results from Vaser Lipo?
- 8 Pricing
- 9 Results
- 10 Why Choose Reflections for Your Vaser Procedure
- 11 Alternative Procedures
Imagine the toned, lean body of your dreams. With Vaser Liposuction, unwanted fat is a thing of the past.
Vaser Ultrasonic Liposuction, often simply called “Vaser Lipo”, is a break-through liposuction technology that removes excess fat easily with minimal downtime and permanent results.
With this cutting-edge technology, ultrasonic sound waves break apart fat cells for gentle, quick removal with minimally invasive micro-cannula technology, all performed under local anesthesia.
Vaser Ultrasonic Liposuction offers a gentler liposuction technique, resulting in a safer treatment, easier recovery, and smoother, more naturally sculpted results. During this procedure, ultrasound waves soften and loosen the fat before it is removed. Some people equate it with shaking grapes free from a bunch or leaves falling from the branch. By treating the fat cells with ultrasound before using suction to remove them, we are able to leave the supporting structures intact under the skin (fibrous septae) which results in better skin tightening and a smoother result after the procedure.
Vaser Lipo is the only FDA-Approved ultrasonic liposuction system. Vaser Lipo can be used almost anywhere on the body to remove unwanted fat. It creates the best results for patients with small pockets of unwanted fat but can be used to sculpt a leaner silhouette for larger patients as well. Because of its gentler approach to removing fat cells, it is the liposuction treatment of choice for those desiring fat transfer to other parts of the body, such as buttock enhancement or Brazilian butt lift.
Who doesn’t want a flat stomach? It makes all of your clothes look better, including swimsuits, and it boosts your confidence from the bedroom to the boardroom. But losing weight from our midsections is hard work!
And sometimes, it just seems impossible. Vaser is a wonderful treatment for this problem area because once the fat cells have been suctioned out, they’re gone for good.
What’s to love? Love handles are one of the most common treatment areas patients ask us about. For men, this is the #1 place extra fat goes first, and it’s stubborn fat that can be nearly impossible to lose. Vaser makes short work of this tough fat, for a lean look and fitter silhouette.
Back Fat/ Bra Rolls
The fat contained within these rolls tends to be bound in place by dense fibers. This makes it even harder for the body to access this fat for energy, making this problem area incredibly difficult to completely lose, even with a strict diet and exercise program. Liposuction of this area not only allows us to remove that excess fat, but we’re able to break apart some of the problematic creases in this area, for smoother skin, too.
Upper arm fat can be difficult to lose. It’s often hormonally-related in women over age 40, but can also be seen in younger patients with a genetic predisposition to heavier arms. Whatever the case, arm fat is best treated early and aggressively. The skin of our arms is thin and not well-suited to the excess weight, which is why we so often see stretch marks in this area. Removing the fat will help preserve the skin’s elasticity, which is important for preventing bat wings later in life.
Thigh and Leg Fat
Inner thighs, like the arms, have some of the thinnest skin on the body. This thin skin is not as resilient, or elastic, meaning excess fat here can easily do permanent damage, creating cellulite, loose/excess skin, and stretch marks. Removing excess fat as early as possible is the best course of treatment for this area. In cases where fat removal alone will not create the desired result, we use internal and external lasers to stimulate collagen synthesis for additional tightening.
Neck / Double Chin Liposuction
One of the advantages to using Vaser Liposuction for the neck and chin is that this style of liposuction is much gentler than some of the alternatives. The neck tends to swell and bruise, due to the high concentration of blood vessels in this area. So the gentler we can be during the treatment, the less swelling and bruising, which means less time wearing a compression garment (i.e. less time away from social activities and work, for most), and the less discomfort during the recovery process.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
How Does Vaser Liposuction Work?
During the Vaser procedure, a wand is used to deliver ultrasonic sound waves below the skin, to disrupt and loosen fat cells, making them more easily removed using a micro-cannula, a special type of small, blunt-tip tube. These destroyed fat cells are then suctioned out using a micro-cannula, a special type of small, blunt-tip tube. Using these gentle techniques, Vaser Lipo produces less swelling and bruising, which makes for a faster, more comfortable recovery.
The entire procedure usually takes between 2 and 3 hours, including the markings, medication, and recovery period. Afterward, a friend or loved one will pick you up and drive you home. You’ll spend the rest of that day relaxing, but you’ll be up and walking the same day of the procedure. Most patients have their treatment on a Thursday or Friday and are back to work on Monday or Tuesday. You can find more detailed info on the recovery process in the FAQs below.
Liposuction Under Local Anesthesia
Since the Vaser Lipo procedure is gentle, patients are kept comfortable using only local anesthesia. This has several unique advantages:
- Safety: avoid the risks of general anesthesia during and after your procedure, as well as the infection risks of a hospital setting, with a comfortable experience in our private surgical suite.
- Results: patients who are under local anesthesia are able to move around, allowing our physicians to view and fine-tune your results from every angle – including standing.
- Easier and Faster Recovery: the numbing medication we use helps to constrict blood vessels in the treatment area, reducing bruising and blood loss – the two largest contributors to soreness following liposuction surgery.
- Reduced Cost and Fees: since the procedure is performed in-office, rather than a hospital or outpatient surgi-center– there’s no need to worry about hidden fees for the surgery center or anesthesiologist.
Recovery and Downtime
Downtime is a big reason our patients tell us that they put off having procedures. We know how busy life can get. That’s one of the reasons we love Vaser so much!
This procedure is a gentler version of traditional liposuction. Gentler means less bruising, less swelling, and less blood loss. This makes for a very speedy recovery. Most patients have their procedure on a Thursday or Friday and are back to work on Monday or Tuesday. You should expect to take a week off from high-intensity workouts. You’ll be up and walking around the day of your procedure. Picking up heavy things (including toddlers) should wait a day or two. But all of this makes it really easy for busy parents to take the time to do something for themselves.
Am I a good candidate for Vaser Lipo?
The best candidates for Vaser Lipo have a BMI close to 30, which puts them in a healthy or overweight range. Those who are obese will typically be counseled to lose weight before surgery.
Vaser does offer some skin tightening, with the best tightening effects seen in those with good skin quality – i.e. skin that’s not overly loose and doesn’t have stretch marks. Those with moderate skin quality will still see a benefit, but those with poor skin quality will often not be able to achieve their goals through liposuction alone. Often, people who have lost a significant amount of weight and have loose skin, or those who have had several pregnancies are not the best candidates for liposuction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Vaser Lipo hurt? What kind of numbing or anesthesia is used?
What is an advantage of Vaser Lipo over Smartlipo, SAFE Lipo, SlimLipo, or other Laser Lipo options?
When can I go back to work? Working out? Picking up my toddler/infant?
Is Vaser Lipo safe?
How many treatments will I need with Vaser?
How does Vaser Lipo work?
Does Vaser Lipo hurt?
How much is Vaser Liposuction?
How many Vaser Liposuction treatments are needed?
How effective is Vaser Lipo?
What are the side effects of Vaser Liposuction?
How long does it take to see results from Vaser Lipo?
The cost of Vaser lipo at our New Jersey offices depends upon the area(s) being treated and other variables specific to your anatomy and goals. The prices listed below are approximations only. Firm costs will be given at time of consultation.
Beware of other offices who list their prices “by area” but don’t tell you what they consider to be an area. You will often find that “waist”, “upper abdomen”, “lower abdomen”, “hips”, and “love handles” all qualify as separate areas and the total cost adds up quickly. Our practice tries to be as straight-forward as we can be about our pricing, but please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
At Reflections we offer free consultations for liposuction – you deserve the knowledge to make an informed decision regarding your body.
Call (732) 356-1666 to schedule.
When you commit to having a procedure like liposuction, we know you want to make sure you get the very best results possible. With Vaser Liposuction, that’s pretty easy. You’ll want to follow your doctor’s instructions before and after surgery to ensure your safety, and your results.
Why Choose Reflections for Your Vaser Procedure
Our cosmetic physicians focus on creating the best results for the individual, with treatments that fit your lifestyle and budget. Vaser is a great option for eliminating excess fat, but its far from the only option at Reflections. As you’ll see in our alternative treatments section below, we invest in every technology that works, because we know there’s no one technology that works best for every body. Choosing Reflections means choosing doctors that care about sculpting the body you want, first and foremost.
Here are 3 ways our liposuction doctors are different than others:
- Experience: We’ve been performing liposuction under local anesthesia for over a decade, and we have thousands of happy patients. This is a big part of what our liposuction doctors do every single week, and we think this is part of what makes us the best.
- Advanced Training: Our liposuction doctors attend several trainings each year, often traveling internationally, so that they can learn from and collaborate with the world’s best liposuction surgeons. This helps our doctors learn the best techniques and keeps them up to date on emerging trends and technologies.
- We put the patient first: We’ve built our entire liposuction experience around the patient. We built our own surgical suite with the emphasis on patient safety, comfort, and privacy. We have a TV available to those patients who desire watching during their procedure. We allow patients to pick the music played during the treatment. We also have a private exit that allows you to step right into a waiting car after your procedure. No detail has been spared to ensure patients enjoy their actual procedure, because we care so deeply about our patients.
The most common alternative to Vaser Liposuction is a different technique of liposuction. There are many different techniques and technologies that can help aid in liposuction, and we have a wide variety available at our office, including all of the top laser and non-laser liposuction systems – Smartlipo, SlimLipo, SAFE Lipo, and MicroAire Power-Assisted Liposuction. This allows our doctors to use the best of these systems for each patient, including mixing together these technologies to treat the same area. To learn more about liposuction treatments at Reflections, click the title link above.
Some patients don’t need liposuction to achieve their goals, or simply don’t want surgery at all. For those patients, we offer a wide variety of the best non-surgical fat reduction technologies, including CoolSculpting, SculpSure, and Liposonix. These machines use either heat (lasers or ultrasound) or cold to selectively target and destroy fat cells, in the same way that Vaser and Laser Lipo selectively destroy fat cells without harming the surrounding tissues. Since there’s no surgery involved, these dead fat cells need to be cleared by your body for results to show. . This typically takes a few weeks or months, which is the main drawback to this approach, in addition to the fact that they normally require a series of treatments. The positive is that there’s no downtime with these treatments.
- FDA Approval for Vaser Liposuction
- Schafer, M.E., et al. Acute Adipocyte Viability After Third-Generation Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2013 Jul; 33(5):698-704.
- Fisher, C., et al. Comparison of Harvest and Processing Techniques for Fat Grafting and Adipose Stem Cell Isolation. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. 2013 Aug; 132(2):351-61.