Our doctors have selected a limited range of products from some of the top medical grade skincare lines, which we believe in and regularly recommend to our patients. We offer all of these products for sale in each of our NJ locations, but we also offer some for purchase online.
Anti-Aging Serums That Deliver Results
Serums are the best anti-aging products in terms of visible improvement of existing signs of aging, like:
- Enlarged pores and visible skin texture
- Fine lines
- Evenness of skin tone (removing small inconsistencies)
- Boosting luminosity and glow
- Skin quality
2 Technologically Advanced Serums
There are 2 serums that are technologically more advanced than anything else on the market, and they both work by causing the body to turn over new cells.
TNS Serum by SkinMedica contains peptides and growth factors that cause the skin to regenerate and duplicate the existing cells with younger cells. There are several formulations containing this serum, to address the eyes, sensitive skin, skin that is post-procedure, etc.
8-in-1 BioSerum by Defenage uses the newest and most exciting technology we’ve ever seen in skincare, which triggers your own body’s stem cells within the skin to start making new skin cells – something that naturally stops as we age. This is a very natural and extremely powerful approach to anti-aging. We prefer this formulation for aging skin and especially sun damaged skin.
Sunscreens That Protect Without Irritating or Breaking You Out
Sunscreen is the most important anti-aging step you can take each day, because we know from numerous studies that the sun is responsible for at least 80% of visible aging, like wrinkles, skin tone, and skin texture.
These are the sunscreens we stand behind because of both their protection and their formulations’ additional benefits and considerations:
- Best options for Rosacea: Elta MD tinted or non-tinted
- Best Options for Oily Skin: Elta MD non-tinted
- Best Options for Acne-Prone Skin: Elta MD non-tinted
- Best Options for Dry or Mature Skin: Elta MD tinted or non-tinted
- Best Options for Darker Skin Tones (won’t have white cast): SkinMedica’s Total Defense and Repair (Non-Tinted) or Elta MD Tinted (for brown and caramel tones, but not black skin tones)
*EltaMD products are available for purchase in-office only.
Lightening & Brightening Products (Remove Dark Spots)
- Lytera 2.0 Pigmentation Correcting Serum – Best for: Melasma and Dark Acne Scarring.
- AHA BHA Cleanser & Cream Combo – Best for: rough skin texture, mild acne (and helping prevent long-lasting discoloration from acne).
- Hydroquinone Pads with Vitamins, Antioxidants, and Other Lighteners – Best For: Melasma and hyperpigmentation that’s failed other OTC skin creams and treatments, often paired with laser sessions by our doctors (available for purchase in-office only).
Targeted Treatments for Eyes & Neck
The skin around our eyes and on our necks is much more delicate than other parts of the face, and much more likely to show fine lines first. These treatments are the few we stand behind as providing results worth investing in.
For the Neck
- Neck Correct Cream – Best for: fighting future damage and softening existing fine lines, with peptides and antioxidants (but doesn’t contain SkinMedica’s cell-turnover system, TNS).
- 6 Week Perfection Neck Cream by Defenage with Defensins Technology – Best for: neck skin tightening, firming, softening wrinkles, and more youthful skin overall, with full results at 6 weeks (vs. 12+ of other products)(available for purchase in-office only).
For the Eyes
- TNS Eye Repair – Best for: reducing fine lines and hydration around the eyes, cell turnover.
- Instant Bright Eye Cream – Best for: those with dark discoloration in the skin, creating dark circles under the eyes (not transparent thin skin under the eyes).
- 3D Radiance Eye Cream by Defenage with Defensins Technology – Best for: retinol alternative safe for use near eyes, even for contact lens wearers; improves skin youthfulness, firmness, discoloration, fine lines, and reduces puffiness (available for purchase in-office only).
We are a team of cosmetic physicians and plastic surgeons, aestheticians, and dedicated patient experience team members. Our doctors guide the care we offer at all levels, down to the selection of skincare products we offer, because it is one of core values that the products and treatments we offer be rigorously researched and proven to provide results, and then only used when they perfectly match with the right patients for their best-in-class features.
For example, you might find a serum promises to improve skin texture and remove pigmentation and treat fine lines, but on closer examine of the technology in this serum our doctors may advise us that it is not a best-in-class product for removing pigmentation, though it may lighten some mild pigmentation. This is the kind of distinction that matters when you’re choosing how to invest in your skincare for results you’re happy with, but it’s unfortunately not the kind of guidance you’re going to find in Sephora or even in most Med Spas.
Our doctors will always advise patients how to use skincare to improve and maintain the results of the treatments we perform, and our Patient Care Coordinators are happy to create a full skincare regimen for you to support your cosmetic goals if you wish to have a consultation to solely discuss skincare.
A clear, glowing complexion and a few natural enhancements can help you...Read More
Dr. Michelle Ellern’s skillful hands, artful techniques, and warm and caring personality as a cosmetic physician make her a wonderful addition to Reflections. She is certified in Aesthetic Medicine by the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine, and is Board Certified in Internal Medicine.