“I tried everything, creams, lotions, pills — nothing worked. But Dr. Chasin’s Vbeam/Fraxel approach changed my life. I look and feel great!”
— Laser patient
- 1 Stretch mark removal
- 2 BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
- 3 Noninvasive laser therapy
- 4 Plasma resurfacing and radiofrequency
- 5 Frequently asked questions
- 5.1 Where areas can laser stretch mark removal be performed on?
- 5.2 What factors effect the outcome of laser stretch mark removal?
- 5.3 I’ve recently had a baby — when should I start my stretch mark removal treatments?
- 5.4 How should I prepare for stretch mark removal treatment?
- 5.5 How many treatments will I need?
- 6 Be transformed — inside and out
Stretch mark removal
Many women want stretch mark removal1 because they are bothered by the unsightly marks on their skin. For a long time there was no truly effective treatment. Thanks to laser therapy2 and other innovations, there are now real options for women looking to say goodbye to stretch marks. At Reflections, our patients are thrilled with their results and you can be too!
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Noninvasive laser therapy
Many patients have tried topical creams and gels for stretch mark removal and found that they are not effective. The same goes for options like dermabrasion and chemical peels, which also provide poor results.
In the meantime, lasers have revolutionized the stretch mark removal process. Lasers work to stimulate the skin’s natural synthesis of collagen, a protein-rich compound that repairs and rejuvenates skin tissue. Lasers also seal broken blood vessels and repair the fibers of the middle skin to help “fill in” the stretch marks.
The (Fraxel Re:Store Dual and RF Microneedling are the most effective treatments for stretch mark removal available today. After treatment you will see improvement in the texture, diameter and depth of the stretch marks.
We also use the Vbeam Perfecta pulsed dye laser to effectively treat the red color of stretch marks. We often use these two lasers in combination to produce the best stretch mark removal results. These noninvasive treatments require little or no down time and we’re confident that you will love the results.
Plasma resurfacing and radiofrequency
In some cases we find that non-laser treatments are helpful for stretch mark removal. Portrait PSR Resurfacing works by delivering rapid pulses of nitrogen-based plasma to the skin’s surface. Plasma3 stimulates the body to regenerate the damaged structural elements of the skin in a way that other technologies and treatments cannot. The results seen following a series of treatments get better over time, with clinical studies showing continuing improvement in stretch mark removal even a year later.
Another effective treatment is the eTwo. Rather than lasers or light, eTwo uses radiofrequency waves to treat the skin from the inside out. The energy goes deep beneath the skin’s surface to stimulate the development of new collagen. The top layer of your skin remains unaffected during the treatment. Perfect for all skin types, this noninvasive procedure requires little to no downtime. You’ll be back to your regular activities right after the treatment and you’ll love the long-lasting results!
Frequently asked questions
Where areas can laser stretch mark removal be performed on?
We can treat your abdomen, love handles, hips, chest, and anywhere else stretch marks occur.
What factors effect the outcome of laser stretch mark removal?
The degree of success with laser treatment will be impacted by your age, your skin tone, and the age of the stretch marks.
I’ve recently had a baby — when should I start my stretch mark removal treatments?
The sooner the better, as the earlier you’re treated, the more effective the treatment4. Nursing mothers should complete breastfeeding before starting treatment.
How should I prepare for stretch mark removal treatment?
You should avoid sun exposure and tanning before treatment, as having newly tanned skin can limit your options.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments needed depends on the severity of your stretch marks5, their color (white stretch marks require more sessions to improve the skin’s texture), how long you’ve had them, your age, and the overall condition of your skin. Treatments are typically spread out over three to four weeks. Our physicians will determine the best course of treatment during your free consultation.
Be transformed — inside and out
With Reflections’ approach to treating stretch marks, we’ll have you ready to show off your beautiful skin in no time!
- Brennan, M., Young, G., Devane, D. Topical preparations for preventing stretch marks in pregnancy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. (2012 November 14).
- Laser/light therapy for stretch marks. (n.d.).
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Weight gain during pregnancy. Committee Opinion No. 548. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology;2013 January; 548(121), 210–212.
- Kilmer S, Semchyshyn N, Shah G, and Fitzpatrick R. A Pilot Study On the Use of a Plasma Skin Regeneration Device (Portait PSR) in Full Facial Rejuvenation Procedures. Lasers Med Science; 2007 June; 22(2): 101-9. Epub 2007 March 7.
- Stretch marks. (n.d.).