- 1 Benefits of Isolaz Acne Treatment
- 2 How it works
- 3 BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
- 4 What does it feel like?
- 5 Do I need to take time off from work or school to recuperate?
- 6 Can topical or oral medicines be used with Isolaz treatments?
- 7 Can I use Isolaz to keep pores clean and open if I don’t have acne?
- 8 Can I combine Isolaz with other acne or acne scar laser treatments?
- 9 Can Isolaz be used in patients with darker skin?
Isolaz™ is a breakthrough, painless acne laser treatment.
This FDA cleared device uses Photopneumatics™, a technology that purifies your pores from the inside out to deliver the best acne treatment possible. Isolaz is often effective on patients who do not respond to other acne treatment treatments, including patients who have tried topical or oral acne medicines, or other lasers.
Benefits of Isolaz Acne Treatment
- It is a painless laser treatment for acne1
- It is the only system that purifies your pores from the inside3, killing bacteria at the source
- It is the only system that combines vacuum and laser to help destroy acne causing bacteria3
- It is the only FDA cleared system to treat comedonal (blackheads and whiteheads), pustular, and cystic acne3
- Clinical studies show rapid results within 24 to 48 hours, including reduced redness, reduction of skin discoloration, and rapid drying and flattening of the blemish1
- People who have tried Isolaz have reported a visible reduction in pore size, and improved skin tone and texture for a radiant, healthier looking complexion2
- Isolaz pore-purification therapy helps jump-start treatments, helping your skin absorb medicines and moistures better, and is a great way to maintain results2
How it works
Isolaz is the only acne laser treatment that combines vacuum and laser for their synergistic benefits. The vacuum helps to loosen and extract dirt, blackheads and excess oil from deep within your pores. The specialized wavelength of light delivered to your skin helps to destroy acne-causing bacteria. This combined treatment process, called Photopneumatic therapy, is unique to the Isolaz. Additional benefits include a more even complexion and revitalized skin tone.1
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
What does it feel like?
Isolaz acne laser therapy is very comfortable. You will feel a gentle and warm sensation as your skin is drawn into the treatment tip. A very gentle light energy will be applied to the treatment area, immediately after which you will feel your skin being gently released back into normal position. Patients describe the sensation as being similar to that of a warm massage. No anesthetic or numbing creams are required.
Do I need to take time off from work or school to recuperate?
One reason many consider Isolaz to be the best acne treatment is because it is fast, there’s no downtime post-procedure. You can resume normal activities, and return to work immediately post-treatment. Tanning and sun exposure should be avoided before and after treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
For the best can treatment, we generally recommend an initial series of four treatments, provided at one to two week intervals. We then do two more treatments, spaced a month apart. A schedule for maintenance is then customized for you, based on the severity of your acne.
Can topical or oral medicines be used with Isolaz treatments?
We can further enhance results when topical or oral medicines are combined with Isolaz treatments. We can often simplify and decrease the number of medicines patients have been accustomed to take for their acne. This makes Isolaz an ideal treatment for teens and college students, who often struggle with following the strict regimens required for lasting results from prescriptiong medications. Watch the video below to see how Isolaz helped one teenager win the battle against acne with Isolaz treatments in New Jersey at Reflections.
Can I use Isolaz to keep pores clean and open if I don’t have acne?
Yes, Isolaz can be used by patients who do not suffer from acne. Isolaz is a deep pore cleansing treatment that is welcomed by many patients who previously had no options for this type of treatment. Better than facials that clear out pores, such as the hydrafacial, Isolaz suctions out pores in addition to killing bacteria, for a true pore purification. This helps keeps pores clean, small, and removes any whiteheads and blackheads.
Can I combine Isolaz with other acne or acne scar laser treatments?
We use Isolaz, in combination with Smoothbeam laser or Fraxel, for the added benefit of pore purification and acne reduction offered by the Isolaz.
Can Isolaz be used in patients with darker skin?
Isolaz acne laser treatment is safe to use for all skin types. For patients with darker skin, we use a specialized tip designed to safely treat the skin and protect it from damage from the laser1.
Isolaz can help you clear away bacteria and deeply cleanse your pores for radiant, smooth, clear skin. Call us today at (732) 356-1666 to schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our cosmetic physicians.
1. Gold MH , Biron J (2008) Efficacy of a novel combination of pneumatic energy and broadband light for the treatment of acne; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology : JDD [2008, 7(7):639-642]
2. Omi, T. Photopneumatic Technology in Acne Treatment and Skin Rejuvenation: Histological Assessment; Journal for Laser Therapy; 2012 Jul 3; 21(2): 113–123.
Dr. Mitchell Chasin founded Reflections Center for skin & body as a place where physicians specializing in cosmetic medicine could focus on helping empower patients to feel their most beautiful. Dr. Chasin believes strongly that the best cosmetic physicians are those who are dedicated to mastering their craft through continuing education and collaboration with the industry’s top doctors.