- 1 What is Vaginal Rejuvenation? What Symptoms Can it Treat?
- 2 What Types of Vaginal Rejuvenation Are Available?
- 3 Vaginal Rejuvenation Pricing
- 4 Frequenlty Asked Questions About Vaginal Rejuvenation
Restore your confidence with Vaginal Rejuvenation that addresses cosmetic and medical concerns.
Vaginal rejuvenation at Reflections offers patients a chance to address both cosmetic concerns and medical concerns, including sagging and looseness, dryness, incontinence, and reclaim their sexual health and confidence.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation? What Symptoms Can it Treat?
Vaginal Rejuvenation seeks to restore and repair the vagina’s function, comfort, and beauty. Vaginal Rejuvenation procedures can treat the following concerns:
- Sagging or loose skin or vaginal tissue that often catches on undergarments
- Muscle looseness (vaginal canal tightening)
- Urinary incontinence (leakage)
- Lack of natural lubrication
- Sexual dissatisfaction and dysfunction due to lack of sensation
- Mons pubis reduction (fupa)
What Types of Vaginal Rejuvenation Are Available?
Non-Surgical, Non-Ablative Treatments
There are a few options for non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. These treatments use heat to tighten and tone the tissues without the need for numbing or downtime. Patients have been extremely happy with their results from these treatments at our offices. ThermiVa uses radiofrequency heat and Exilis Ultra Femme combines the power of radiofrequency heat with ultrasound for a fast, effective treatment. These treatments offer tightening of tissues and skin1 both inside and outside of the vagina, as well as improvement for incontinence, lubrication, and sensation issues.
Ablative Laser Treatments
Ablative laser treatments for vaginal rejuvenation2, such as the Mona Lisa Touch offer dramatic results for tightening of the inside of the vagina but are not used to treat the outside of the vagina. They carry serious risks and should only be performed by highly trained gynecologists. We usually find patients want to treat a variety of concerns, both internal and external, which typically makes these treatments less desirable.
Surgical Labiaplasty and Vaginal Repairs
Some vaginal rejuvenation concerns can only be fully repaired through surgery. This is often viewed as a last resort, because it has inherent risks, including loss of sensation and pain in the areas treated. Reflections does not perform surgical vaginal rejuvenation.
Liposuction and LipoSculpting of the Vagina
Many women and men complain of an overly large mons pubis, the area directly above the genitals. This can easily be treated using laser liposuction performed under local anesthesia.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Pricing
The price of vaginal rejuvenation can vary widely, depending on which procedures are performed and by whom. According to RealSelf, the average price is around $5,525.3 Typically, for the non-surgical, non-invasive treatments we offer, patients can expect to spend around $3,000 for a series of 3 treatments, to see the best results.
Frequenlty Asked Questions About Vaginal Rejuvenation
Is Vaginal Rejuvenation the Same Thing as Labiaplasty or Vaginoplasty?
Labiplasty and vaginoplasty are surgical procedures. They can be targeted around rejuvenating or repairing the vagina, but they aren’t the only ways to achieve a tighter more youthful-looking and functional vagina. There are many new laser and heat-based treatments4 that provide excellent results without the risks of surgery. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists warns women against what they refer to as “designer vaginoplasty,” treatments aimed at surgically altering the vagina for purely cosmetic purposes, due to the risks of complication.
What is Recovery After Vaginal Rejuvenation Like?
The recovery after vaginal rejuvenation varies by the procedure performed. For nonsurgical, non-ablative treatments like ThermiVa and Exilis Ultra Femme, there is no downtime or recovery period. You shouldn’t expect to feel discomfort and you won’t need to obstain from any activities, including sexual intercourse. Ablative lasers have several days of downtime and 24-48 hours of mild to moderate discomfort. Surgical procedures can often have long and uncomfortable recovery periods of 7-10 days rest, and 4-6 weeks refraining from sexual activities and intense workouts.5
- Karcher C MD, Sadick N MD. Vaginal rejuvenation using energy-based devices. International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. 2016 Sept;2(3):85-88.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Nonsurgical Vaginal Rejuvenation: Minimally Invasive Options. Accessed 4/17/2018.
- RealSelf.com Vaginal Rejuvenation Worth It and Price information
- Sejal A. Desai MD. Vaginal Rejuvenation: From Scalpel to Wands. International Journal of Women’s Dermatology. 2019 March; 5(2): 79-84.
- Christine Laprade “Vaginal Rejuvenation: Enter the Designer Vagina” on Zwivel.com