By no means are injectable treatments the only option to treat the jawline, but they have become increasingly popular and varied over the past couple of years. So we thought it only made sense to make a page just about those injectables used to sculpt the jawline and explain in-depth just what is being done to achieve specific results.
- 1 Jawline Sculpting Results
- 2 Downtime with Jawline Injections
- 3 Cost of Jawline Injections
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions About Jawline Injections
- 5 Sources Cited
If you want to learn more about what causes jowls, please visit our jowls and jawline sag page.
Jawline Sculpting Results
Slimming the Jawline
Botox used to reduce muscles
Can be used to treat TMJ, but not all who have this procedure are experiencing TMJ – that’s okay, it can be purely cosmetic.
Many dentists are getting into this – unless they are really well-trained in Botox, we caution you away from this option. Yes, the will understand the anatomy and the theoretical concepts, but too much Botox or improper placement of that Botox could mean you lose normal jaw muscle function for several months. This is not a terribly expensive procedure, meaning you aren’t likely to save much money by choosing 1 provider over another, which is why we really think it’s worth finding an expert to do this properly for you.
Making the Jawline Sharper
Adding filler along jawbone creates effect of tightening skin and can be used to create sharper edge of jaw, and straighter and more angular (or less angular) lines along bone
we do naturally lose some bone volume as we age, but for many also tweaking features with this treatment
variety of fillers can be used – anything from Juvederm to Radiesse – not the super soft fillers like silk or volbella. Do not recommend bellafill here.
Getting Rid of Jowls Along the Jawline
Problem is caused by loss of volume in cheeks, which creates loose skin that droops down at the center bottom of the jawline on both sides, and with time, fat will accumulate in that pocket and weigh down on skin making problem worse. For many, they will also experience loss of normal volume in the pre-jowl sulcus, which makes an indent in front of the jowls, making them even more pronounced.
Injectables can fix jowls by:
- Replacing that lost volume in cheeks, which lifts up the loose skin of jowls – can be achieved with lifting fillers like Sculptra, Lyft, and Voluma
- Lifting and firming up skin, making skin more elastic and youthful – can be achieved with hyperdilute Sculptra or Radiesse, or thread lifts
- Dissolving the fat that’s accumulated in the jowl – doing this alone will cause the skin to lift up a little bit – can be achieved with Kybella and/or syringe liposuction
- Filling in pre-jowl sulcus to create smoother effect and make jowls appear smaller in contrast – can be achieved with Defyne, Juvederm, or other fillers
- Replacing lost volume in the chin or augment an underdeveloped chin to pull the jawline forward creating a more streamlined appearance
Younger patients and/or those with mild jowling can completely eliminate the problem with injections. Those with severe jowling can expect a mild to moderate improvement, but once skin has lost elasticity, they will need additional treatments to improve skin quality and/or surgery.
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Downtime with Jawline Injections
One of the major benefits of injectables compared to other treatments is that there is no downtime. Most injectables can cause some swelling, redness, and potentially bruising, but these are very temporary and should subside within a few hours or days from the injection. You can return to your normal routine immediately after your injection appointment if you choose. However, you will be encouraged to avoid strenuous activity such as exercise for at least 24 hours after receiving injectables.
Cost of Jawline Injections
The cost of jawline injections depends on the products chosen, the amount of product necessary, and other factors. The average cost for a jawline filler injection is about $1,000-3,400. The cost of your injectables will be explained after a thorough consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jawline Injections
How long do jawline injection appointments usually take?
Is anesthesia required for jawline injections?
How long do jawline fillers last?
Is jawline filler dangerous?