The ideal laser treatment for patients with busy schedules
Created by the makers of Fraxel, the Clear + Brilliant laser is a gentle skin rejuvenation technology that treats the skin at a shallow depth. A new approach to laser skin care, Clear + Brilliant offers a noticeable improvement in the texture and tone of the skin, without the downtime and recovery associated with laser skin resurfacing treatments.
“I’ve had a total of 3 Clear and Brilliant laser procedures so far, over a 3 month period. I was on a morning show, in NYC, and the makeup girl told me how great my skin looked and asked me about my skin regime! What?! I was definitely noticing a difference in my skins overall appearance but was thrilled when a complete stranger and my husband began noticing and complimenting me.
–Tina G. from Boonton Township, NJ on Yelp
- 1 How It Works
- 2 Benefits of Clear+Brilliant Treatment
- 3 How Much Does Clear + Brilliant Cost?
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions about Clear+Brilliant Treatment
- 4.1 What is the Treatment Like?
- 4.2 What’s The Downtime?
- 4.3 How Many Treatments Will I Need?
- 4.4 What kind of results can I expect from a single treatment?
- 4.5 Is Clear + Brilliant Safe on Dark Skin Tones?
- 4.6 How can I maximize the results of Clear+Brilliant?
- 4.7 What are the alternative treatment options?
- 5 Why Choose Us for Your Clear+Brilliant Treatments
How It Works
Clear + Brilliant creates millions of tiny columns of microdamage in the top layers of the skin. As your body works to heal these treated columns, the body builds new collagen and elastin support throughout the area, leaving the skin with a healthy glow and a more even texture. Because the laser creates these small columns of damage, leaving the surrounding skin untouched, the body is able to respond to the laser and recover much faster than with more aggressive ablative or fractional lasers.
Benefits of Clear+Brilliant Treatment
- Visibly improves skin tone, texture and radiance
- Reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines
- Comfortable and effective with minimal downtime
- Safe for all skin types
- Our most affordable laser skin rejuvenation treatment
How Much Does Clear + Brilliant Cost?
The most popular treatment area for Clear+Brilliant is the full face, which costs $450. Pricing goes up and down from there based on the size of the area treated.
We do offer discounted pricing on packages of treatments purchased together, and packages can be financed. Since you’ll need a series of Clear + Brilliant treatments to see the best results, this is a great way to make your treatments even more affordable. We also offer Reflections Rewards points on this and all laser treatments, as a way of saying thank you to our loyal patients.
Frequently Asked Questions about Clear+Brilliant Treatment
What is the Treatment Like?
A typical treatment for the entire face takes about 30 minutes and is very comfortable. The Clear + Brilliant hand piece is gently guided over the treatment area, while the patented Intelligent Optical Tracking System ensures proper contact with the skin and an even application of the laser’s energy. We offer a topical numbing cream for this procedure.
What’s The Downtime?
Your skin will be a little pink right after treatment, but you can resume all normal activities immediately. It is recommended you avoid going in the sun without sunscreen, which you should wear at all times anyway!
The majority pinkness or redness should resolve within 24 hours, though you may experience rough patches as the skin exfoliates over the next 7 to 10 days. You should take the night off from wearing makeup, to ensure makeup doesn’t enter the deeper layers of the skin through the columns of treated skin. The same goes for any skin care products, which may have unintended effects if allowed to deeply penetrate the skin. Retinoids (retinol) and corticosteroids should be avoided for 1-2 weeks before and after treatment, to avoid over-stimulation of the skin as it prepares and recovers from the laser treatment. During your consultation, the physician will cover all the details you’ll need to know to ensure your treatment is easy, quick, and produces wonderful results.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
This varies for everyone, but most people see the best result after 4 to 6 treatments, spaced 2-4 weeks apart. After that, we recommend follow up treatments a few times a year to maintain your good results. These are general guidelines — we always tailor each patient’s skin care regimen to their unique needs. We do offer discounted package rates to help make the treatment regimen more affordable, and this can be financed.
What kind of results can I expect from a single treatment?
Each treatment of Clear+Brilliant offers skin resurfacing results that are noticeable. Patients often report feeling their skin is much softer and visibly smoother after a single treatment. Spots will lighten, but not completely disappear with a single treatment. This is why we usually recommend a series, and offer discounted package rates.
Is Clear + Brilliant Safe on Dark Skin Tones?
Clear + Brilliant works well on all skin types, including dark and olive skin tones. This is because the laser is attracted to water within the skin, not melanin cells (cells which give skin its color).
How can I maximize the results of Clear+Brilliant?
Clear+Brilliant works best as a series of treatments, so that’s the first key to maximizing results. You can also add on PRP to your treatments to boost the results. PRP is a treatment that isolates and concentrates the healing and growth factors from your own blood, to speed the recovery and improve the total results of any laser treatment.
After your treatments, you’ll want to be fastidious about wearing sunscreen to protect your new skin. You’ll also want to periodically have maintenance treatments. Most patients have these once or twice a year to maintain their results.
What are the alternative treatment options?
There are many different laser options on the market, and we own well over 50 in our practice. Each does different things best. Clear + Brilliant is the best option for laser resurfacing with the least downtime for recovery. However, there are other non-laser options for skin resurfacing that also offer very little or no downtime.
- MicroRejuve℠ is a microneedling treatment with Hyaluronic Acid Filler and Botox which offers no-downtime smoothing of fine lines and skin texture improvement. Results from this procedure are instant and improve over time as the body grows new collagen. However, this procedure cannot target dark discoloration or skin pigment concerns the way a laser can. This treatment is very slightly more expensive than Clear+Brilliant due to the high cost of the Botox and fillers included in this treatment.
- The Vampire Facial (Dermapen Microneedling with PRP) also offers very little to no downtime and helps to improve skin texture, removing acne scars and fine lines. This procedure works to build new cells and collagen within the skin, so the results need time to develop as the body grows those new tissues. This treatment is more expensive than Clear+Brilliant by a few hundred dollars, which represents the additional costs of processing the blood to create PRP. This treatment is a better option for those with significant skin texture concerns, such as acne scarring.
- Q-Switched Nd:Yag laser treatments can target pigmentation and offer skin tightening and toning results that are superior to Clear+Brilliant in a single session, with a similar downtime required. This treatment is slightly more expensive than Clear+Brilliant.
Ready to discuss the right treatment options for your skin?
Schedule a complimentary consultation with one of cosmetic physicians by calling us at 732.356.1666.
Why Choose Us for Your Clear+Brilliant Treatments
Our practice was one of the first in the nation to offer Clear+Brilliant when it gained FDA approval in 20111. We work closely with Solta, the manufacturers of Clear+Brillaint and Fraxel Lasers, to train their staff on the safe and effective use of these lasers. We’ve been honored to do so for many years, due to our physicians’ deep understanding of laser physics and applications in cosmetic procedures.
Beyond our deep understanding and high level of experience with this particular device, what makes our practice the top choice in New Jersey for laser treatments is our dedication to providing patients with access to all of the best laser treatments, performed by physicians who specialize in these treatments. We know there is no one laser that does it all – or at least that does it all well. Each laser offers unique advantages, and we offer custom treatments for each individual patient, matching them with the best treatments for their concerns, budget, and lifestyle.